The Concrete Hero's Quest, a 3.5 Day Workshop in Napa, CA April 26-29, 2023
ATTENTION ADVENTURE SEEKERS! ARE YOU READY TO EMBARK ON A HANDS-ON JOURNEY AND BECOME A CONCRETE HERO?
Join us for our 3.5 day workshop, the Concrete Hero's Quest, where you'll work as a team to design and construct a one-of-a-kind post-tensioned concrete table. Using state-of-the-art equipment, you'll mix and spray GFRC, cure and de-mold the table, and finish and seal it to perfection.
This exciting workshop is not for the faint of heart – it requires teamwork, problem-solving, and creativity. But with the support and guidance of our experienced instructors, you'll have all the tools you need to succeed on your hero's journey.
- Day One: We'll dive into the world of design. You'll work alongside Joe Bates, Jon Schuler, and Brandon Gore to create and present different concepts and details for a post-tensioned concrete conference table. In the afternoon, we'll get our hands dirty as we work together to build the form for the table.
- Day Two: We'll continue to fine-tune the form and prepare it for casting. We'll discuss the ins and outs of mixing and spraying GFRC (glass fiber reinforced concrete) before putting our knowledge to the test and casting UHPC (ultra-high performance concrete) using state-of-the-art equipment and processes.
- Day Three: We'll start the day with an open discussion about any questions you may have about the concrete industry, including pricing, sales and marketing, coloring concrete, and working with architects and designers. We'll then de-mold the conference table and spend the afternoon working on processing it.
- Day Four (half day): On the final day of the workshop, we'll seal the conference table using ICT Reactive Sealer, going through the entire process from start to finish.
Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to learn new skills, make new friends, and create something truly special. Gain the confidence you need to transition from simple concrete countertops to large, complex designs. Sign up for the Concrete Hero's Quest today and become a hero in the world of decorative concrete.
WHY ATTEND A WORKSHOP AT CONCRETE DESIGN SCHOOL?
Experience the expertise of our instructors at Concrete Design School. Our team, currently creating custom concrete pieces for high-end clients, offers hands-on instruction on the latest techniques and insights in concrete design, as well as the opportunity to learn from the most experienced craftsmen in the industry. We focus on helping you develop your unique style and marketable skills.
In addition to technical skills, we teach business practices that have helped our instructors run successful, award-winning concrete businesses. Join our workshops to learn from professionals actively working in the field and get real-world, relevant knowledge on succeeding in this profession.
Don't waste your money on a poor imitation of proven methods. Choose Concrete Design School, where every member of our team has been working in the decorative concrete industry for over two decades and pioneered the techniques they teach. We prioritize innovation and staying ahead of the competition, and are committed to providing comprehensive, up-to-date training. Enroll in a Concrete Design School workshop and experience the difference for yourself.
DO I NEED TO BE EXPERIENCED IN CONCRETE TO ATTEND THIS WORKSHOP?
The Concrete Hero's Quest workshop is suitable for attendees of all skill levels, as long as they have a true desire to learn and are driven to create finely crafted concrete. While this workshop is not specifically geared towards beginners, our experienced instructors, Joe Bates, Jon Schuler, and Brandon Gore, will happily answer any questions you may have about the process. Whether you're new to concrete or have been working with it for years, this workshop is a great opportunity to take your skills to the next level and become a hero in the world of concrete. All you need is a passion for learning and a drive to create.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE 'PINNACLE CONCRETE CAMP' AND THE 'CONCRETE HERO'S QUEST'?
The Pinnacle Concrete Camp is a 6-day workshop that features three instructors and covers three distinct methods and philosophies. It is a fantastic opportunity to learn a variety of methods and techniques, but due to the limited time each instructor has to teach (2 days), the size and scope of the projects that can be completed are somewhat restricted.
In contrast, the Concrete Hero's Quest is a 3.5-day intensive course that focuses on designing, creating, and completing a large, ambitious project. It is not more advanced or basic than the Pinnacle Concrete Camp, but rather takes a different approach in terms of its focus and scope.
Both workshops provide a wealth of knowledge and understanding, and if you participate in one, you may want to consider attending the other as well. As an alumni, you will be eligible for a 50% discount on your second class. This makes it a great opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge even further.
WHAT IS POST-TENSIONED CONCRETE?
Post-tensioned concrete, as we utilize it, is a method that uses high-strength steel to compress and reinforce the concrete. The steel is stretched and anchored at each end of the concrete structure, and then tightened to a specific tension once the concrete has cured. This process creates a much stronger and more durable piece, capable of withstanding heavy loads and large spans.
The process of creating a post-tensioned concrete conference table is no small feat. It requires careful design and planning, as well as a skilled team to execute the construction. But the end result is a piece of furniture that is truly a work of art, and a testament to the skill and dedication of the craftspeople who created it.
WHAT IS A HERO'S QUEST?
The hero's quest is often seen as a metaphor for the journey of self-discovery and personal growth that an individual may go through in their own life, and typically includes the following steps:
- The call to adventure: The hero is faced with a challenge or opportunity that requires him or her to leave the familiar and venture into the unknown.
- The departure: The hero sets out on his or her journey, leaving behind the familiar world and entering a new and unfamiliar environment.
- The trials and challenges: The hero faces a series of challenges and tests that help him or her to grow and develop as a person.
- The inner transformation: Through the challenges and trials of the journey, the hero undergoes an inner transformation and becomes a more complete or whole person.
- The return: The hero returns home, often with a newfound sense of purpose and understanding.
We're excited to invite you to join us on the exciting journey of improving your decorative concrete skills and knowledge. This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to be a part of a community of innovators who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of concrete design and fabrication, and helping you build a successful business. Enroll in this Concrete Design School workshop today and join us on the concrete adventure of a lifetime.
- Concrete Hero's Quest: April 26-29, 2023
SESSION TIME AND CAPACITY
- 3.5 days of training at Concrete Design School
- These sessions are limited to 30 participants to ensure hands-on learning and class participation
- First-time Students: $3,150
- Alumni: $1,575
Not sure which ticket type to purchase? If this is your first Concrete Design School workshop, select the 'First Time Student' ticket. If you've attended a Concrete Design School class before, choose the 'Alumni' ticket for discounted pricing as a thank you for your continued support.